As we explore different places around the globe, it is always in our top priority to see the places that are not usually hyped by the crowd. Immersing ourselves in the culture of each country or province is what keeps us excited to discover new places and to share more of our DIY trips.
- For this entry, we wanted share with you a part of our DIY budget travel in the southeast part of Vietnam, Phan Thiet.
It is not unlikely for the country of Vietnam to have places of worship and in this trip we were able to visit one called the Po Sah Inu Cham Towers which some of the locals call as “The Little Angkor Wat of Vietnam”. This is due to its structure similar to the small parts of the ruins of the Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
If you are planning to visit Vietnam and want to have some cultural exploration, then you might want to add Po Sah Inu Towers on your list of unique cultural places to visit around Vietnam.
ABOUT PO SAH INU CHAM TOWERS
Cham Empire was once a powerful kingdom during the 7th to 9th During these times, Po Sah Inu Cham Towers (also called Poshanu Cham Towers) were built as a dedication of worship to Shiva (The God of Destruction – Hinduism), Agni (A God in Verdic tradition) and Nandi (Holy mount – gatekeeper of Shiva).
- The name Po Sah Inu came from the daughter of King Par Ra Cham Chanh, Princess Po Sah Inu (lived and worshipped during the 15th century).
- Every Lunar New Year, the locals (following Hinduism) still perform ceremonies by the towers as a way to pray for luck.
The height of the tallest tower is 15 meters while the second one is 12 meters and the third is 4. The remains of Po Sah Inu Towers is located at Binh Thuan, 7 kilometers away from the main of Phan Thiet.
For more information, Leaflets are given together with your entrance ticket.
Tourists are allowed to visit the towers daily unless otherwise stated. Open daily from:
7:30 to 11:30 and 13:00 to 16:39
If you are visiting during the summer, WE HIGHLY SUGGEST for you to wear a Vietnamese hat (readily available from the shops – costs around 40000VND/89.04PHP/1.72USD) or any protection from the heat of the sun when the tour starts (the place is an open land).
Restaurants are also located inside the premises for food and refreshments.
- Entrance Fee per person:
- 15000 Vietnamese Dong
- 39 Philippine Peso
- 65 US Dollar
HOW TO GO TO PO SAH INU CHAM TOWERS
You have two options in going to the Po Sah Inu Towers:
- EASIEST WAY: Rent a motorbike and search on Google Maps or Waze
- Simply input: Po Sah Inu Cham Towers
- Assuming you are already in Phan Thiet(MUI NE): From Mui Ne Connect (Where we stayed), Ride the Bus 1 and ask the driver to drop you off at BUS STOP 19
- To be sure: Show the driver the Name and Picture of Po Sah Inu Towers
- They will give the ticket for you to know how much you need to pay.
- If you are coming from the FUTA Bus station, you can ask directly the ticketing office on what buses stop at BUS STOP 19.
- Once you arrive at the Bus stop 19, cross to the other side of the road and walk your way to the Po Sah Inu Cham Towers entrance.
NOTE: If you are not yet in Phan Thiet (MUI NE)
- From Ho chi minh city, go to FUTA BUS STATION – ask and pay at the ticketing office for a bus ride going to MUI NE. Make sure to check first the schedule of HCM-MUI NE Bus trips. FUTA BUS LINES
- Budget per person: 31000VND = 69PHP = 1.34USD
Thanks for reading!
Hope this helps!
BE A RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER
Take a risk, go to an adventure.
For inquiries and updates:
Follow us on IG: adventureswithdocah
Like our FB Page: Adventures with Docah
Email us at: email@example.com
Till our next,
Aaron and Cah