Ever wondered what a town given a title as Tsinelas (Slippers) Capital of the Philippines looks like? With half of your day and less than 400 pesos for transportation, you will be able to visit and explore the aliw town of LILIW LAGUNA.😊
HOW WE COMMUTED:
Rode a bus from Cubao Bus terminal. You can ride all the buses going to Sta Cruz. We chose Del monte land transpo. Travel time is about 2 to 3 hours depending on the traffic along EDSA. Dropped off at Sta cruz bus terminal then immediately asked for the jeepneys going to Liliw.
Rode the jeepney and after approx 30 mins we were able to reach our destination, the town of LILIW, LAGUNA.💒
WHERE WE WENT AND ATE:
Right after we dropped off from the jeepney, we got a few more minutes before lunch time. Since its just a few walks, we decided to visit first the beautiful St. John the Baptist Church.
Who woudnt be amazed by the beauty of this RED CHURCH.❤
Extravagant wooden door at the entrance.
- At the right side of the church you will see this foormarks leading to a holy sculpture.
Now time for a view of the inside.
Sorry for the low quality. Unfortunately, my phone’s not intended for low light places.
A few more inside photos for you to see..
Amazingly beautiful gold plated structures for the altars.🖒🖒🖒
- We went on a saturday afternoon and unfortunately there’s no mass by that time. So we suggest if you have more than a half day, you can have an overnight, attend a mass and see the church’s beautiful lights at night.
TIME FOR LUNCH!
Liliw has a lot to offer when it comes to authentic cuisines. One of it is the White House Bistro 1938.
- We’ve read a lot of great reviews about this restaurant. So we were intrigued if all of it was true. 😉😉😉
- The interior: a low ceiling, with a warm vibe to it. A little too tight since when we visited, they have a lot of customers even outside.
What we ordered?? Hmmm.
- We’re both coffee addicts, we immediately ordered their famous coffee blends.☕
- Doc ordered: Chicken Kebab in pesto rice and Cafe latte frappe.( im not quite sure of the name😉)
- Cah ordered: Steak with mashed potatoes, veges and rice and of course Coffee Arabica.
- AND FOR DESSERT! CHEESECAKE!🍰🧀🍃
- Presentation: 8/10 for the dessert 9/10🖒
- Taste: 9/10 👌
- Service: 8/10❤
- Place: 7/10
After filling our hungry tummies, we now have the energy to explore and shop!
- Found out along our walk to the shopping center that the Tsinelas Festival of Liliw is on August 29. So if you want to experince what its like to have a tsinelas festival, make sure to visit Liliw around August!🎉🎊
Look at all those people, most of them tourists visiting just to buy an authentic liliw slippers/shoes.
Can you believe that these are only 100 pesos? 3 for 100 slippers are a hit in Liliw!🖒
- Wasnt able to take pictures of the shoes/sandals we bought. But the quality is 100% great! Been using it a lot and it wasnt even broken a bit.
A new cafe opened along the shopping centers called THE TEA TREE CAFE.☕🍰
High ceiling interior with unique decorative pieces is what TEA TREE all about.
We ordered their original MILK TEA and
For every visit, they will give you either a post it or this leaf-shaped colored wood for writing a message as a remembrance.🍃❤
Before heading home, we bought some KESONG PUTI for pasalubong.😊
FULL ITINERARY AND EXPENSES:
- 10:ooam to 12:oopm – travel from cubao to sta cruz (140 pesos)
- 12:00pm to 12:30pm – jeepney ride from sta cruz to liliw (30 pesos)
- 12:30pm to 12:50pm – visited the beautiful St John the Baptist (the Red Church)
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm – ate at ARABELA RESTAURANT plus a little talk bond. (500 – 700 pesos)
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm – exploring and shopping SHOES/SLIPPERS.
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm – merienda time at TEA TREE CAFE (300 pesos)
- 5:00pm to 5:30pm – jeepney to sta cruz (30 pesos)
- 5:30pm to 7:30pm – bus from sta cruz to cubao bus terminal (140 pesos)
TOTAL EXPENSES:(Good for 2)
Transportation: 680 pesos
Food: lunch and merienda 1000 pesos (depends on where you want to eat)
= 1680/2 = 840 pesos each
Pasalubong and shopping expenses depends on what you want to buy or if you want to buy or not.😊
Some people goes on a sidetrip to Nagcarlan and San Pablo. But we suggest to start your travel as early as 6am if you want to be able to visit all the places.
We want to explore only Liliw for this day. Without any rush, without thinking we have to visit other places to be back by night.
There’s no excuse if you really want to explore a place. You just have to budget everything from money to time.
Come visit the be ALIW at Liliw, Laguna!💒
Take a risk, go to an adventure.🎒
Instagram: @cahnidoc and @docnicah