Had one day off, on a budget and still wants to travel to a unique place? Then why not visit TAAL BATANGAS HERITAGE TOWN
- Taal Batangas is well known because for its old ancestral houses, museums, cafes and beautiful churches.
- With less than 500 pesos for transportation and a few hours travel from Manila, you will be able to experience its full blast heritage tour.
HOW TO GO TO TAAL BATANGAS:
We rode a bus going to LEMERY from Cubao EDSA via JAM liner and told the bus driver to drop us off at TAAL. Landmark would be a gas station.
From Taal, you will have 2 ride options to take you directly to the town:
- Ride a tricycle
- Ride a jeepney
It was lunch time already when we arrived so we chose to ride the tricycle and asked the driver to take us to the public market to eat some Taal Specialties.
WHERE TO EAT IN TAAL BATANGAS:
Famous for its boodle bundle which consists of all Taal specialties. Unfortunately the bundle is not advisable for couple since its all good for 6-10 persons.
- We chose single orders of some of their best sellers to still be able to taste them
First off, their TAAL TAWILIS.
Then for our soup, SINIGANG NA HIPON
The servers also advised us to try TAPA NG TAAL, a little different from what is usual but its very tasty.
Our meal wouldnt be complete without some dessert, tried their yummy FRIED SUMAN WITH TSOKOLATE SAUCE
DIY TAAL HERITAGE TOUR:
After filling our tummies, its time to start our walkathon adventure around Taal.
Taal Batangas Map
Map from taal.com.ph
We started the tour by walking towards the north to see what is said to be ASIA’S BIGGEST CATHOLIC CHURCH, TAAL BASILICA also known as ST. MARTIN DE TOURS CHURCH.
Now time to see the inside of this Large church:
Very Long red carpeted aisle. Perfect for intimate weddings
High and Detailed Ceilings
Going up to the BELL TOWER:
Only one person can fit at a time. So better check first if there are people going down before you continue to go up
A BIRD’S EYE VIEW OF TAAL BATANGAS
A few walks to the west and we saw the first ancestral house of our tour.
INSIDE OF THE MANSION:
Actual COMBS AND BRUSHES used by the Agoncillo family
This room gives us the creeps 👻👻👻
- It consists of 125 steps of granite leading to the next tourist spots. The locals said it was once called HAGDAN-HAGDAN but then replaced in commemoration of The First Saint of the Philippines. SAINT LORENZO RUIZ.
After going down the steps, you will see immediately the CAYSASAY CHURCH.
A small church in the heart of the city
After visiting the church, some kids offered to take us to:
It was said “miraculous” when two women saw an image of a lady (suspected as lady of caysasay) being reflected by the water that came from the well
- Continuing our walkathon, we saw lots of other ancestral houses like GOCO ANCESTRAL HOUSE AND VILLAVICENCIO WEDDING GIFT HOUSE.
GOCO ANCESTRAL HOUSE
VILLAVICENCIO WEDDING GIFT SHOP
All the walking made us crave for something to eat.
One of the famous places to eat in Taal is the TAMPUHAN CAFE.
It is just a few walks away from the GALLERIA DE TAAL, DON LEON APACIBLE MUSEUM, VILLA TORTUGA AND MARCELO AGONCILLO MUSEUM.
It was quite a small place if you’re in a big group
An instagrammable cafe with a vintage vibe to it.
We’ve tasted 2 of their coffee specialties: One hot and One ice-blended
They have enough choices of pastries to partner with your coffee
Another walkathon to head back to the main road and we saw this eye-catching cafe just near Taal Basilica.
The place was beautiful! We found out that it has a hotel with swimming pool too! Check them out if you’re planning to stay in Taal overnight.
We can never go home without tasting their coffee! They had so much variety that it became so hard for us to pick what to taste!
HOT NEW YORK CHEESECAKE
- It has a very very strong taste, maybe because of the cheesecake flavor. Its a little too sweet for us but we recommend for you to try this unique drink.☕
- When it comes to its presentation, it seems like they were rushing when they sliced it. The taste was yum, the flavor slowly melts in your mouth. Its worth the try.👌
What a unique way to go back in time without spending too much money. If only we had the whole day to explore more this quiet city.
TAAL BATANGAS ITINERARY AND EXPENSES:
- 10:00am – Rode a bus going to LEMERY via JAM LINER: Cubao EDSA = 180 pesos
- 2:00pm – Arrived at Taal
- 2:00 to 2:15pm – Tricycle ride to Public Market – 40 pesos
- 2:15 to 2:20pm – Walk to Don Juan Boodle House
- 2:20 to 3:00pm – Lunch – 656/2 = 328 pesos ( servings are good for 3 to 4 persons)
- 3:05 to 3:45pm – Visited TAAL BASILICA, went up to BELL TOWER and side trip to photo op at ESCUELA PIA – 100 pesos entrance to bell tower.
- 3:50 to 4:20pm – OLD AGONCILLO HOUSE MUSEUM – 80 pesos
- 4:25 to 5:30pm – took pictures of VILLAVICENCIO WEDDING GIFT SHOP and GOCO ANCESTRAL HOUSE, walked down SAN LORENZO RUIZ STEPS, prayed at CAYSASAY CHURCH and washed our hands with water from STA LUCIA MIRACULOUS WELL. – candle 20 pesos
- 5:35 to 5:50pm – Coffee break at TAMPUHAN CAFE – 110 pesos
- 5:50 to 6:15pm – Wasnt able to get in since its only open until 5pm but able to see the outside of VILLA TORTUGA, DON LEON APACIBLE MUSEUM and GALLERIA TAAL.
- 6:20 to 6:40pm – Dessert tasting at CAFE G before heading home. – 260/2 = 130 pesos
- 6:50 to 7:00pm – Night walk to public market for a jeepney ride to Highway. – 7 pesos
- 7:00 to 10:00pm – Bus ride from Taal to CUBAO BUS TERMINAL. – 180 pesos
- Transportation – 387 pesos
- Entrance / misc – 200 pesos
- Food – 568 pesos
Total = 1115 pesos/ person
- Expenses for food depends on where and how frequent you want to eat
- We suggest you should go very early to be able to enter all the museums because almost all of it closes at 5:00 pm
- Wear comfortable clothes if you are planning to do a walkathon like us.
- Have a copy of Taal Batangas Map
- Make sure to take your time in every spots you are about to visit. Taking in as much information and looking at all the great details as long as you can. Taal batangas history will truly amaze you
- Relax and have fun
Take a risk, go to an adventure.🖒
Till our next,