Mt Pinatubo last eruption was way back 1991. It is studied in the Philippine history for its sulfuric haze that affected almost the whole world.
- Currently, it had been known as a tourist spot for people who want a quick adventure after a tiring weekdays work.
- After seeing lots of posts about it, we became very intrigue about the view in actual of the mountain which had the second most intense eruption known in the 20th century.
HOW TO GO TO MT PINATUBO:
Friday around 6pm, our friends and us (a group of 5) decided to meet at Victory Liner bus station along EDSA. No reservations, we searched for a bus that passes by CAPAZ PUBLIC MARKET, Buses going to:
Told the bus driver to drop us off at Capaz.
Its dinner time when we arrived at Capaz, rode a tricycle to an overnight accommodation to rest for the night.
After an hour of very cold and dark a tricycle ride, we finally arrived at a place quite famous to travelers like us, it was also suggested by our trusted drivers.
MT PINATUBO HOMESTAY:
Contact Number: 09199349474
The owner was very kind and accommodating. The place is very comfy, has free wifi and includes free breakfast!
We asked the owner on how to get to the Mt Pinatubo location. He suggested a package for us which includes:
- 4×4 ride(back and forth)
- a guide
- packed lunch
- other fees needed to proceed.
We gladly got the package before resting for the night.
Goodmorning from us!!!
Free breakfast includes 2 pancakes and coffee!
Group picture in front of the guesthouse and with ate who prepared our breakfast.
MT PINATUBO HIKE:
Time to do some trekking and visit the crater!
With our aeta guide
When we arrived at the drop off point of the 4×4, its time for the trekking part of this adventure.
Some great views to share with you guys.
After a few hours, we are almost at the crater.
20 more minutes of trekking. Andddddd…
A little walk down for the full view of the crater:
We had a little lunch while enjoying the beautiful view of the crater. The wind here was very cold and a bit strong. Perfect for just relaxing and being at peace.
A trek back while having final snaps of the view before heading back to Allan’s.
- Wear comfortable and heavy duty shoes to avoid breakage and bruises along the way.
When we got back to the guesthouse, we just washed ourselves and prepared for depart back home.
Goodbye for now, MOUNT PINATUBO!
MT PINATUBO ITINERARY:
- 6:00pm-Depart from victory liner cubao
- 8:00pm-Arrival at Capaz junction, landmark are mcdonalds and Caltex gas station
- 8:00 to 9:00pm-Dinner at Mcdonalds
- 9:00pm to 10:00pm- Tricycle ride to Allan’s Guesthouse
- 11:00pm- Lights out.
Contact Number: 09199349474
- 6:00am- Woke up for breakfast
- 6:30am to 7:30am-Breakfast and preparation for depart to the crater
- 7:30am-4×4 ride to the crater plus took some pictures
- 9:00am-Drop off point of 4×4
- 9:00am to 10:30am-Stopover
- 10:45am to 11:10am-Arrival at Mount Pinatubo Crater.
- 11:30 to 1:00pm- Lunch with the perfect view. Taking some pictures as memories.
- 1:30pm-Go back to the 4×4 drop off point
- 3:00pm- Arrival at drop off point
- 4:00pm- 4×4 ride to accomodation
- 4:00 to 5:00pm- Preparation for depart back home
- 5:00pm- Tricycle ride back to Capaz junction
- 6:00pm to 8:00pm- Arrival at Bus terminal Cubao.
- Bus ride to Capaz – 200 pesos each x2
- Dinner – 100 pesos each
- Tricycle – 300 pesos good for 3 persons x2
- Accommodation – 400 pesos each person with breakfast for a group of 5
- Mt pinatubo 4×4 rental, Guide Fee, Lunch and other fees (package) – 1100 pesos each for a group of 5
Total expenses : 2,200 pesos each
Take a risk, go to an adventure😍
LIFE’S A BLESSING.👌
Till our next,